We are excited to announce that Guru has secured $25 million in a Series B funding round. Thrive Capital is leading the round, with participation from our existing investors Emergence Capital, FirstMark Capital, Slack Fund, and Michael Dell’s MSD Capital. With this new funding, we will invest in further growth and innovation to transform how knowledge workers access the knowledge they need to do their jobs.
“Every employee in every company is more effective when they can leverage the collective intelligence of their organization. By empowering employees with knowledge in real-time, Guru has become the rare enterprise solution that people use several times every day because they want to. We are excited to invest in Rick, Mitchell, and the Guru team as they empower knowledge workers around the world.” - Ryan Shmeizer of Thrive Capital, who will join Guru’s board of directors
Guru serves hundreds of leading modern enterprises such as Shopify (NYSE:SHOP), Square (NYSE:SQ), Spotify (NYSE:SPOT), and Yext (NYSE:YEXT), as well as rapidly growing private companies such as BuzzFeed, Glossier, Intercom, and Thumbtack. For every customer, Guru first unifies the knowledge that lives in so many different places within an organization. We then give companies a means to regularly verify the accuracy of their knowledge to ensure that it stays up-to-date and accurate. Finally, Guru empowers users with the knowledge they need to do their jobs, right where they work – no need to open another app or browser window.
We started Guru in 2013 because we believe that the knowledge you need to do your job should find you when you need it. While we’re delighted to empower hundreds of leading companies around the world today, we believe that we are just getting started, and we invite every organization in the world to learn how Guru can transform how they work. We are thrilled to partner with Ryan and Thrive Capital on this journey.
"Guru has changed the way we work – plain and simple. Guru gives our team what they need, when and where they need it. It has been instrumental in being able to deliver consistent and top-notch experiences across our customer success teams at Autodesk. We look forward to seeing where the Guru team goes from here, and are thrilled to be customers." - Eraj Siddiqui, Director Customer Success Practice at Autodesk.
Today’s news caps a year of tremendous growth for us at Guru:
- In the second half of 2018, we launched both AI Suggest Text and AI Suggest Voice, which deliver knowledge proactively to revenue teams in real-time and eliminate the need to search. Fielding questions in the middle of a conversation can be tough, particularly when balancing listening attentively and processing next steps. AI Suggest empowers revenue teams to stop hunting down information and instead access the knowledge they need to handle customer requests quickly and intently. Whether conversations are happening on the phone or via email, the AI Suggest family of solutions was created to help revenue teams everywhere they work.
- Guru was named one of Forbes' 20 Rising Stars in Cloud Computing.
- The Guru Verification Management System was updated and the card UI was redesigned to make it as quick and easy as possible for users to process information and for verifiers to update knowledge.
- We built an integration with Front, the single inbox that consolidates email, chat, and SMS conversations for customer-facing teams.
- We also introduced Slack actions with a deep integration into the world’s leading collaboration hub.
- We opened a second office in San Francisco in January 2018 to build out our West Coast go-to-market presence.
- Guru was the cover story for the CIO Review’s November edition. We were awarded a spot on the top ten list of Knowledge Management Solutions, winning the title of “Most Integrated Knowledge Solution.”